- Responsible for managing the overall planning, execution and delivery of projects, which includes:
- Defining the project charter, roles, tasks, milestones, budgets and measures of success to support the business case.
- Developing project estimates and plans to manage the end-to-end project execution.
- Facilitate hardware, software, and maintenance agreement procurement.
- Supporting the effective delivery of requirement efforts.
- Help analyze and discuss the potential risks / benefits involved in using the specified technology solution to address the business requirement.
- Leading activities required to maintain and complete all project documentation. Obtains appropriate level of approval for all project documentation assigned to ensure understanding of expectations among all stakeholders.
- Facilitating the day-to-day coordination while adhering to Project Quality Framework standards and sponsor expectations.
- Working with Program Manager and Functional Manager(s) to select core project team and communicate staffing plan; present and gain approval from IS Leadership; execute on staffing plan.
- Conducting project / phase kick-off meetings to communicate individual roles and project expectations and ensure that all project team members have the tools and training required to perform effectively.
- Holding project team members accountable to on-time completion and quality of project deliverables and milestones.
- Managing day-to-day activities of project team members by proactively identifying and resolving issues that would present a risk to on-time implementation of the program / project.
- Acting as liaison between the assigned project resources, project delivery owner, and key stakeholders.
- Ensuring project compliance to IS Project Management processes/standards, status reporting, and project quality governance.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and guidance to project team members in the areas of project lifecycle, operating procedures, processes and practices.
- Acting as an interface with internal and external audit groups for project related activities.
- Ensuring proper operations turnover with impacted functional areas and Release Management.
- Ensuring project closure including completion of lessons learned and required documentation.
- Occasionally assumes responsibility for vendor management related to the project to ensure proper selection, contract development and contract administration for vendors used during the project.
- Manages vendor deliverables through project execution.
- Gathers relevant facts and/or determines who to consult in order to make the best decisions. Utilizes formal decision making tools and processes.
- Support compliance of disaster recovery, security policies, and other regulatory requirements.
- Supports and/or facilitates development of Statements of Work.
- Responsible for tracking project status and managing project issues and risks, which includes:
- Monitoring projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress/quality, managing issue resolution as necessary.
- Managing risks, assessing gaps/opportunities, and implementing action plans to mitigate risks, when applicable.
- Analyzing project financials and trends to identify opportunities, escalating issues and variances to budget where necessary.
- Promoting and monitoring compliance of application development activities with audit and information risk policies.
- Responsible for building and leading effective project teams, which includes:
- Using problem-solving, critical thinking skills, and independent thinking to overcome challenges.
- Promoting effective teamwork.
- Dealing effectively and independently with critical conversation.
- Communicating effectively to a wide spectrum of audience in writing and verbally.
- - Adapting to cultural and organizational climates.
- Optimizing experiences and relationships with project team members and leadership.
- Participate in project-based performance feedback of project team members.
- Fosters an environment in which collaborating with others is expected and encouraged.
- Creates an environment that motivates, inspires and respects others.
- Business Partnership:
- Apply knowledge of corporate standards and vendor practices in project management to ensure successful delivery of the project.
- Establishing and maintaining working relationship across technology and business partners as appropriate: Business Planning Manager, Enterprise Program Manager, IS Project Managers, Resource and Vendor Managers.
- Support cross technology process improvement initiatives.
Project Manager Job Duties
911 W. Grant Rd.
Tucson, Arizona 85705
520-742-0457 - Headquarters
520-622-2590 - Fax
© International Towers, Inc.
All Rights Reserved